The WCGBA are looking to appoint a Sponsorship Officer whose role and responsibilities will be:
- To be directly responsible for sponsorship and fund raising opportunities for the Association, its activities and events;
- To formulate sponsorship proposals and ensure the Association’s sponsorship requirements are met;
- To investigate sponsorship opportunities from the commercial business sector;
- To liaise with the Finance Officer on financial planning for the Association to ensure adequate funds are generated;
- Formulate sponsorship proposals and ensure sponsorship requirements are met;
- To be responsible for entertaining sponsors at Association tournaments and events;
- To produce follow up literature to sponsors in the form of thank you letters, press coverage and Association updates in order to encourage on going relationships;
- Where necessary co-ordinate volunteers to help seek sponsorship through personal contact;
- To ensure that there will be no conflict of interest with current sponsors on identifying new sponsorship initiatives;
- The adhere to the WCGBA Code of Conduct Policy;
- To report to the Development Committee and advise on progress and to seek agreement for proposals and initiatives from them on a regular basis (at least twice each calendar year);
- To undertake any other sponsorship opportunities as identified by the Development Committee and / or the Chief Executive Officer.
The role will attract an annual honorarium and full support, training and guidance will be given.
If you wish to discuss the role further or are interested in applying please contract Trevor Clarke CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org